Sunday, September 19, 2010

Retreat reflection?

Our class's art retreat to Menucha was really great. This year, in particular, I feel that we all became closer as a class and more comfortable with each other. I thought that this year's guest artist was awesome! My clay projects went very well and I can't wait to bisque them. My natural (Andy Goldsworthy) piece went very well and felt like it was just right. I covered the top of a tree stump with small green leaves. and created a linear form of bright red berries spanning across its face. This year i managed my time alot better when working with the clay and the leaves.
This year I hope to have more direction in my work. Especially in my concentration, last year i would run into dead ends and be stuck! But this year, with a more specific and practical concentration, I will hope to always know my next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment